Christmas & NYE break curriculum online.
Activity 1: Lets make ninja balls.
What you'll need:
- Ninja attitude
- parental supervision
- balloons - white & yellow for the face and other colours for the ninja mask
- sandwich baggies (zip lock bags)
- flour or playdough
- ball point pen
1. Fill a zip lock bag with 3/4 cup of flour (or play dough).
2. Fold over the baggie and squeeze out all the air. Cut the blowing end off of a white balloon so that you are left with a round balloon with a hole.
3. Stuff the baggie filled with flour or play dough into the balloon.
4. Cut off the blowing end of another balloon. Cut an opening for the ninja face. Then, stretch this balloon over the white balloon with the opening facing the opposite way (so that the flour baggie can’t come out). Add a ninja face with a ballpoint pen. We tried Sharpie initially, and the faces kept rubbing off when the boys played with them. We made another ninja ball and used ballpoint pen, and the face still looks great even after lots of handling.
If you find that even ballpoint pen ink comes off, try a different pen. That helped us.