Christmas & NYE break curriculum online.
Activity 1: Time for some baking! #NinjaCupcakes
What you'll need:
- Ninja attitude
- parental supervision
- A quick trip to woolworths
- Cupcake mix of choice (or from scratch - pick your favourite recipe)
- Red, blue, yellow and green frosting
- Brightly coloured cupcake liners
- Yellow fondant
- Black gel icing
- Decorating bags
- Flat slanted decorating tip
1. Preheat your oven to 350° and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. In a large mixing bowl mix together your cupcake mix, oil, eggs and water until well blended.
2. Fill your cupcake liners halfway with your cupcake batter, bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
3. Lightly frost six cupcakes with your green frosting, six with your blue frosting, six with your red frosting and six with your yellow frosting.
4. Roll out your fondant onto a piece of parchment paper and cut out 24 small rectangles about 1/2″X1.5″ and place them onto each cupcake like pictured (you can stretch or cut your fondant if the pieces are too big/small for your cupcakes).
5. Place your decorating tip in the bottom of a decorating bag and cut the tip off the bag.
6. Fill your decorating bag with your matching frosting to your cupcakes (you will have to switch the tip to a new bag for each colour) and frost each cupcake by drawing flat lines across your cupcakes (think mummy) leaving an opening on the yellow fondant for the eyes.
7. Use your black gel icing to draw two dots for eyes on the yellow fondant and two lines slanted in above the eyes for eyebrows.
Now its time for some ninja training with sensei! Press play!